Archived on 26 March 2012.
Editor’s Note: The following article was written by Dr. Yildiz B. Binkley Dean, Libraries and Media Centers at Tennessee State University and appeared on the Tennessee Library Association website.
NASHVILLE (TSU News Service) – The present-day Tennessee State University was established by a 1909 Act of the Tennessee State legislature. Tennessee Agricultural and Industrial State Normal School began operations on June 19, 1912. At that time, the Library was housed in a small room in the old Administration Building and consisted of a meager collection of resources. As the institution grew, so did the Library.