Monday, August 27, 2012 at 2:32pm
The Tennessee Board of Regents plans to replace interim president Portia Shields at the end of this year. The suggested characteristics of a new president included:
• focus on enhancing research opportunities
• thick skin
• a keen understanding of the importance of marketing to prospective students and faculty
• a younger, dynamic leader
• focus on using technology to interact with students
• making an effort to follow TSU’s strategic plan in regards to growth.
Sen. Thelma Harper and newly elected Rep. Harold Love Jr. attended the meeting.
The 23-member presidential search committee met for the first time Monday afternoon. The search firm hopes to narrow the field of presidential candidates by October and have a new president in place by January 2013.